About Me

What I want people to take from this blog is trying to be a better person. I personally do turn to religion for this task, but I do not expect others to do the same. I am open to all beliefs of others. I am accepting of others, I try not to judge people based on looks, beliefs, likes, or dislikes. Those who say "I don't" judge based on looks, religion, status, etc are wrong. Everyone passes judgement against each other, however I believe that this can change with conscious effort. I want to try to influence others and better myself in a positive way through my words and actions. Take this verse as you will. It is something I am trying to live by. "Stop judging so that you may not be judged, for are you judge so will you be judged. And the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you." - Matthew 7:1-2

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Trying My Hardest

Okay so here's the deal.  I am going to be honest, I am the type of girl who doesn't take any shit from people, I speak my mind, am blunt, and straight forward.  Sometimes it is hard to stay cool, calm, and collected.  I have been struggling to maintain this attitude of not being confrontational since moving to Omaha.  Some people just get under your skin so much.  For example, when someone leaves lights on in your house all night long so that the light seeps into your room through the door and runs the energy bill up the wall.  Or, when you have been in bed for 2 hours and someone is trampling up and down the stairs in a house that echos terribly.  Pretty sure noise levels like that could wake an entire neighborhood. 
It is times like these that I have a hard time not freaking out on people.  It has been a month and a half of these irritations and I am starting to feel like I am about to blow.  However, I started this blog because I want to try and become a better person, so that I won't be so quick to fight back, and to focus more on keeping a level head.  I feel mature and calm communication would be a good solution to this problem, however the person who is causing me this stress is only around about once per week.  Which them upsets me because how can I be so angry and despise someone so much when I only see them (or hear them) once per week?!  This whole situation is so frustrating.  For me I need to just continue to try, to think of the blessings in my life, and to display the Lord in my actions and words.  As challenging as this may be sometimes to keep peace I first have to create it. 

"Turn from evil; do good; seek peace and pursue it."  Psalms 34:14

No comments:

Post a Comment