About Me

What I want people to take from this blog is trying to be a better person. I personally do turn to religion for this task, but I do not expect others to do the same. I am open to all beliefs of others. I am accepting of others, I try not to judge people based on looks, beliefs, likes, or dislikes. Those who say "I don't" judge based on looks, religion, status, etc are wrong. Everyone passes judgement against each other, however I believe that this can change with conscious effort. I want to try to influence others and better myself in a positive way through my words and actions. Take this verse as you will. It is something I am trying to live by. "Stop judging so that you may not be judged, for are you judge so will you be judged. And the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you." - Matthew 7:1-2

Friday, October 14, 2011

It's a great day to be alive!

Well, mid-term exams are over for now! I am officially home for 10 days on break in good ol' Worthington, MN!  Today is just a good day, the sun is shining (even if it is a little cold), I spent the morning with my dog sharing fun-fetti cookie crisp and strawberry yogurt, woke up to mom trying to get my out of bed, I am going to go into work to visit with my fellow co-workers, and here's the best part, it is Gilbert's birthday!  That is my pet fish.  Sadly he is at my house in Omaha, so I can't spend the day with him, but I'm sure he'll be fine!  ;)  Or so I hope, our fish mysteriously happen to die or even have been known to go missing..strange ( I have my suspicions about the other person I live with).
Anyways, I just wanted to say how I am so blessed to have a wonderful family to come home to and spend time with.  Even when it seems like my world is falling apart, all I have to do is call up my family and talk with them and they always seem to put my world back together.  I hope everyone out there has a support system like I do, whether it be a friend, a sister, a cousin, a teacher, etc.

Enjoy this song by Travis Tritt.  It's called "It's a Great Day to be Alive"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnr1saD8hBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment