About Me

What I want people to take from this blog is trying to be a better person. I personally do turn to religion for this task, but I do not expect others to do the same. I am open to all beliefs of others. I am accepting of others, I try not to judge people based on looks, beliefs, likes, or dislikes. Those who say "I don't" judge based on looks, religion, status, etc are wrong. Everyone passes judgement against each other, however I believe that this can change with conscious effort. I want to try to influence others and better myself in a positive way through my words and actions. Take this verse as you will. It is something I am trying to live by. "Stop judging so that you may not be judged, for are you judge so will you be judged. And the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you." - Matthew 7:1-2

Friday, October 7, 2011

Slowly Change the World

So I came across this the other day, and it kind of made me think.  Why am I quick to get angry, and the continue to stay angry? All anger does is stress me out, make me focus less, and make me less pleasant to be around.  Why is it so hard to just let things go?  Letting things go is probably one of the hardest things for me to do.  Why? Because I'm stubborn.  I know I'm stubborn and isn't the first thing to fixing a problem, recognizing that you have a problem?
Maybe this is a picture that I can now reflect back on as a reminder to let more things "roll off my back."
I recognize that I have a problem, I also recognize that our world has a problem.  If I make a conscious effort to try and be a better individual can't everyone else?  I mean it will only make those around us happier, isn't that a better bargain?
Being angry with someone and holding a grudge really is letting someone "live rent-free in your head," and to be honest, I'm a broke college student I can't afford to hold a grudge.  From now on, I'm going to start charging people, and something tells me people won't pay up just for me to hold a grudge. (jokes, laugh)
I'll end with this.  If you read this blog, today try to make a conscious effort to let things go.  If someone does something that irks your nerves let it slide.  I will make the conscious effort to do the same, and maybe by not getting upset others can recognize that action. And slowly through acts of kindness and humbleness we can slowly change the world.


"Know this my dear brothers: everyone should be quick to head, slow to speak, slow to wrath, for the wrath of a man does not accomplish the righteousness of God.  Therefore put away all filth and evil excess and humbly welcome the work that has been planted in you and is able to save your souls."     -James 1: 19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment